Do you ever wake up angry and full of negativity? That’s pretty much how my day started. It was pouring outside and I just wanted to stay home. With the amount of rain and flood warnings that we had I just knew the water would be knee deep by my car. It’s usually high when it sprinkles so I knew I was in trouble. No rain boots and the umbrella was at work. I had planned to go walking this morning but I couldn’t do that with the weather. Instead of getting up and doing a workout video I continued to stay in bed and be angry. Eventually I decided I needed to be a responsible adult and get to work on time. As I’m getting ready for work I start to think about why I started the 21 day fix. Aside from the obvious reasons of losing weight and becoming healthy, I started to make my angry list.
1. I hate that I have to order men size jackets because my size is not available in the women’s version.
2. If you have to consume as much water as I do you tend to frequent the public restrooms. I hate that the stalls seem so small and that I have to walk in sideways. Or my favorite is having to step back by the toilet to open the door to get out.
3. I hate going out to eat. I know that’s hard to believe considering I used to do it so often but it’s just uncomfortable. There is nothing like people looking at you while you struggle to get up out of a booth.
4. Shaving should be considered a workout for me.
5. Speaking of showers I’m usually dripping with sweat when I get out regardless of the water temperature. That’s just awesome. Butt naked in front of a fan praying you cool off before the sweat attack hits.
6. My hormones are out of control. I have random white hairs that grow out of my freakin forehead and let’s not even bring up my bearded lady issue.
7. Why are people obsessed with a thigh gap? I look like a penguin with my calf gap. This shape is horrible.
8. Do you know what’s it’s like to go up one flight of stairs and be out of breath? I’m pretty sure someone is waiting for me to open the stairwell door just so they can hear me breathe heavy and try to answer their question at the same time. It’s so embarrassing.
9. I should video me putting my socks and shoes on. It would be a YouTube hit for sure. It should be classified as a workout too since there is sweat and heavy breathing involved.
10. Normal size bath towels barely cover the front of my body. It’s sad when you feel like you should invest in beach towels just so you feel somewhat normal.
This is just the short list of angry reasons I want to change. I actually started to get angry because I was angry. All of this is my fault and I know it. I’m usually okay with taking the punches and talking myself out of my negative thoughts but today I just couldn’t. Today I’m tired. I will retreat to my comfy bed, put a Disney movie on and know that God willing tomorrow will be another opportunity for me to take over the world. 😉